Tuesday 29 March 2011

Task 1

From looking at my different research and what i have created in my workshops with Richard Sweeney i feel i want to create something different, by using different paper materials to create my flower sculpture.

Paper labels interested from doing my research i worked out if you pinched one of of the label it creates a petal i thought this looked very effective and started to create a number of petals to put together to make a flower shape by gluing each end of the petals to join them together. I then wanted to create another layer to add onto the flower shape i have created already, so by playing with the labels i came up with the idea of trapping the string of the label in between the pinch at the end of the petal which then folded the label over which looked more like a flower. I am going to glue the two label flowers i have created.

I want to create a centre of the flower which i am going to use paper cake cases to scrunch up and then glue a number of them together to make a flower shape. This idea i got from some of the research i have done, this technique looks very effective and different from using normal paper. I am then going to glue this in the middel of the two flower shapes i have made to create a centre point to the flower. To blend the white cup cake case centre flower into the other flower shapes i am going to glue in some mini scrunched up cup cake cases around the side of the flower sculpture.

My sculpture is finally coming together but i think it needs a bit more colour so i am going to add some bright pink cotton which is going to be weaved in ad out of the sculpture.

No comments:

Post a Comment